Spotlight Projects and Sustainability
• In the light of growing concern of sustainability for the chemical sector, SEQENS Minerals Specialties has taken key commitments and tailored action plans in order to drastically minimize its environmental impact, placing decarbonisation at the heart of its CSR roadmap.
• We have set ambitious target to suppress coal from our production sites by end of 2024, and reduce our carbon intensity by more than 60% by 2025.
In order to attain these targets, Mineral Specialties has deployed multiple energy efficient initiatives and invested in two major installations replacing coal by using biomass (Novawood) and Solid Recovered Fuel (Novasteam).
• At Singapore site, SEQENS is leading by example by promoting and integrating Sustainable Development initiatives as part of day-to-day operations with three positive impacts in line with the Jurong Island version 2.0 initiative: The plant effectively captures and locally reprocesses the CO2 from neighboring companies on Jurong Island as key feedstock. This consequently helps the petrochemical industry in reducing its carbon emission, as well as the Singapore Government in achieving its commitments to strive for a better environment. At our Novabay Singapore site, we are the first manufacturing site to valorise the CO2 emitted by the petrochemical industry on Jurong Island; the by-product is valorised through water treatment and industrial applications.
“The SEQENS Group has structured an ambitious CSR Strategy based on the respect of its human resources
and aiming at decreasing environmental impacts along the value chain with:
• A robust company culture and CSR structure relying on strong convictions by top management and formalized processes
• Considering health & safety and talents as fundamental pillars of the company
• Placing decarbonization at the heart of the CSR roadmap
For France site (Novacarb):
ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO50001
Halal – Kosher
EXCiPACT for bicarbonate HD110
Feed Chain Alliance (FCA)
For Singapore site (Novabay):
ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 (or OHSAS18001)
Halal – Kosher