Ormston List Frawley
Ormston List Frawley LLP provides general corporate, securities and commercial litigation advice to a variety of clients in the technology, junior resource and finance sectors. For corporate matters, we focus on working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, promoters and other new ventures where we can assist our clients by thinking creatively, working flexibly and achieving results. Our goal is to provide a full range of legal services on matters that range from securing financings and exchange listings, establishing the legal framework for businesses, ongoing compliance, reporting obligations and handling commercial disputes.
The lawyers at Ormston List Frawley LLP have come primarily from large established firms and have considerable experience in complex securities, corporate and commercial litigation matters. As a young firm, we understand the pressures of developing a new business and are willing and able to meet our clients’ needs with competitive and flexible billing structures.
“Ormston List Frawley LLP works primarily with junior exploration companies and offers not only legal advisory, but practical advice around deal execution. We help companies avoid common pitfalls that can lead to undue complications and expose transactions to risk.”
Denis Frawley, Partner
• Denis S. Frawley, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel:+1 416 594-0791 x 113
Denis is a former partner from Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, having practiced both in Toronto and in New York. Prior to joining Davies, Denis practiced with the private equity group at Dewey Ballantine LLP in New York. Denis practices in the areas of corporate, commercial and securities law, with an emphasis on advising businesses who require securities advice under both Canadian and U.S. law. Denis also has significant experience with negotiated acquisitions and secured and unsecured lending. He has experience with a variety of transactions, including securities offerings, purchases and sales of private businesses and divisions of public enterprises, joint ventures, intellectual property licensing and bank lending. • John P. Ormston, Partner, email@example.com, tel:+1 416 594-0791 x 111
John is a former litigation partner from Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP who specializes in commercial litigation. John has extensive trial experience in a wide variety of commercial matters, including shareholder disputes, promissory notes, guarantees and mortgage underwriting. He has assisted with contributions to Corporate Liability, a journal focusing on corporate liability in civil, criminal and regulatory matters. He is a member of the Advocates’ Society and of the Board of Governors of Wilfrid Laurier University. • Michael T. R. List, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +1 416 594-0791 x 112
Michael is both a partner at GreenSky Capital and a partner and practicing lawyer at Ormston List Frawley LLP. At Ormston List Frawley LLP, Michael’s legal practice focuses on providing corporate, commercial and transactional advice in the finance, technology and information technology sectors.
• Strategic Reorganizations and Transactions – see more
• Public Company Transactions and Compliance – see more
• Mineral Resource and Exploration – see more
• Raising Capital – see more
• Commercial and Regulatory Disputes – see more
• Corporate and Commercial Contracts – see more
• Starting a Business – see more
• Lending and Investing – see more
Mineral Resources and Exploration Team
Key areas served by our mineral resource and exploration team include:
• Organizing new corporations and providing strategic advice to aspiring public companies as to how to structure their businesses.
• Negotiating option agreements, consulting agreements, employment assisting and other general commercial agreements.
• Assisting with private placements and other fund-raising activities involving equity (share) and debt financings, including flow-through financings.
• Providing advice as to continuous disclosure obligations under Ontario securities laws and regulations and the rules and policies of the TSX Venture Exchange, the CNQ and the TSX.
• Advising businesses seeking an initial listing on a securities exchange, or seeking to move from one exchange to another.
• Assisting with the creation of capital pool companies, as well as with the completion of qualifying transactions.
6 Adelaide St East, Suite 500 Toronto, Ontario M5C 1H6
Tel: +1 (416) 594-0791